Lita is a chat bot written in Ruby with persistent storage provided by Redis. It uses a plugin system to connect to different chat services and to provide new behavior. The plugin system uses the familiar tools of the Ruby ecosystem: RubyGems and Bundler.
- Can connect to any chat service
- Simple installation and setup
- Easily extendable with plugins
- Data persistence with Redis
- Built-in web server and routing
- Event system for behavior triggered in response to arbitrary events
- Support for outgoing HTTP requests
- Group-based authorization
- Configurable logging
- Generators for creating new plugins
Coming from Hubot
Lita draws much inspiration from GitHub's fantastic Hubot, but has a few key differences and strengths:
- It's written in Ruby.
- It exposes the full power of Redis rather than using it to serialize JSON.
- It's easy to develop and test plugins for with the provided RSpec extras. Lita strongly encourages thorough testing of plugins.
- It uses the Ruby ecosystem's standard tools (RubyGems and Bundler) for plugin installation and loading.